External Review References
These are some of the sources we've used to compare Sublime Text and IntelliJ IDEA
Sublime Text Reviews
10 Best Sublime Text Alternatives in 2019
Sublime Text is source code editor majorly used for the MAC platform. It offers native support for several programming and markup languages. However, the one major drawback of sublime text editor tool is that loading of big files on could be slow.
Top 8 Sublime Text Alternatives You Can Use in 2019
With its slick UI, great features and an extensive list of plugins, Sublime Text is one of the most popular source code editors for programmers worldwide. However, it isn’t for everybody. First off, Sublime Text technically isn’t free and keeps nagging you to buy its $70 license once the evaluation period is up, which is often a real drag for many who use the program on a...
The Rise of Microsoft Visual Studio Code
Yikes! VS Code is eating everyone else's lunch! The story here is pretty clear. Over the past year, VS Code usage has gone from 5% to 22%. Over the same time, Sublime Text usage has fallen from 17% to 11%, and Atom usage has fallen from 11% to 6%. Even Eclipse is falling. And VS Code is accelerating every month. Google Trends shows the same thing:
Ruby IDE: The 9 Best IDEs for Ruby on Rails Development
Sublime Text 3 core is lightweight, configurable, feature rich, modular and gets its powers via the use of plugins. There are many plugins available out there in the wild that can be used to transform the text editor into a full featured Sublime IDE for Ruby programming.
What are some alternatives?
When comparing Sublime Text and IntelliJ IDEA, you can also consider the following products
- At GitHub, we’re building the text editor we’ve always wanted: hackable to the core, but approachable on the first day without ever touching a config file. We can’t wait to see what you build with it.
Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft.
Visual Studio Code
- Build and debug modern web and cloud applications, by Microsoft
- Xcode 4 is the new version of Apple’s powerful integrated development environment for creating great apps for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Xcode 4 includes the Xcode IDE, instruments, iOS Simulator, and the latest Mac OS X and iOS SDKs.
- Most simple text editor. Just plain text, saves in .txt format.
- Eclipse is an open source community, whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes for building, deploying and managing software across the lifecycle.