External Review References
These are some of the sources we've used to compare Buxfer and Quicken
18 Best Free GnuCash Alternatives for Free Accounting
Among the free online tools for budgeting and managing finance, Buxfer certainly has a strong presence. While you can analyse your shared expenses, debts, and split bills using this app, you can also keep a track of all your accounts at one, single place. Not just that, you can also download this app on your iPhone for free and get going with the numbers just anywhere, and...
3 Free and Open Source Alternatives to Quicken
How's inventory holding up? While you might dread this part of your job, things could be so much easier with the right software. And, that's exactly where this list of personal finance applications comes into play. The following three alternatives to Quicken are all free of cost (and restrictions), so there's nothing to lose.
10 Mint.com Alternatives – Money Apps Fresher than Mint dot com
Sure, there were initial hiccups. Categorization was a pain, the tools around managing your budget were raw, but Mint.com grew itself from a disruptor of Quicken to a full-fledged competitor. So much so that Intuit would buy Mint.com in 2009 for $170 million, shut down Quicken Online, and sell Quicken to another company.
5 open source alternatives to Mint and Quicken for personal finance
As a long term Linux user for all my personal devices, and a former Quicken user in my Windows life, I really wanted a finance app to replace Quicken. I did give GnuCash a real try but its big drawback (for me) was its inability to connect directly with my bank(s) and import transactions directly.
2017: Top 9 Personal Budget Software Apps
Mint is a well-known and popular app, and it shares several similar features with Quicken. Intuit once owned Quicken, then it purchased Mint in 2009—thus the similarities. But Mint is different from Quicken in an important way: it is free.
What are some alternatives?
When comparing Buxfer and Quicken, you can also consider the following products
- HomeBank is a free software. Use it to manage your personal accounts. It is designed to easy to use.
- Free personal finance software to assist you to manage your money, financial planning, and budget planning tools. Achieve your financial goals with Mint.
Money Manager Ex
- Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software.
- A personal and small-business financial-accounting software, licensed under GNU/GPL and available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, BSD, and Solaris.
- KMyMoney is a personal finance manager for KDE.
- Personal home budget software built with Four Simple Rules to help you quickly gain control of your money, get out of debt, and reach your financial goals!